When it comes to transferring data and information smoothly, portable storage devices will help you in many ways. If you have the right device, your data on PC and smartphone will be safe and secured. Now, both Picture Keeper and Flash Drive are storage devices. They typically help you by backing up important data and information from your phone and PC.
They may look alike, but there are some notable differences between them. When you talk about a USB flash drive, it is specially designed for smart TVs and personal computers. On the other hand, you can use Picture Keeper on many devices including laptops, PC, Mac, iOS phones, android devices, consoles, and also smart TV.
That said, they have some similarities as well. In this article on Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive, I will give you an in-depth comparison between these two popular devices. Stay with me throughout this article to know everything about them.
- Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive: Comparison Chart
- Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive: What Is the Difference?
- Final Verdict: Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive – Which One Is Better?
- Final Words
Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive: Comparison Chart
Find the detailed comparison between Picture Keeper and Flash Drive below.
Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive: What Is the Difference?
There is some exclusive storage devices available in the market these days. Some people use the photostick® mobile. Some use Picture Keeper or even the flash drive. Every device comes with some good or bad points.
For instance, Picture Keeper and Flash Drive come with the ability to transfer information and data. In fact, they are designed to store your important files for a long time. As I mentioned above, they have some differences which I will discuss below.
1. What Is It?
It is basically a storage device that can be connected to your smartphone, laptop, or smart TV through the USB port. It will back up photo files automatically from your devices. Interestingly, it is capable of saving photos from Facebook directly. It comes with an advanced system that will scan smartly to identify duplicate files. As a result, there will be no wastage of the storage space.
Photos, videos, contacts, or doc files can be stored smoothly in Picture Keeper. There is no doubt that this smart USB storage device will give you a shortcut solution for backing up important photos and videos from your smartphone or laptop. When you need instant and hassle-free file backup, it can be a great fit.
A Flash drive is used for transferring important files from your PC and laptop. You can easily transfer photos, videos, music, or documents by using a USB drive. Interestingly, flash drives are widely known as pen drives. This small device is easily portable, rewritable and you can conveniently connect or remove them from your laptop and mobile.
No wonder, flash drives are quite popular for these advantages. There are different ranges of storage capacity in flash drives depending on the models. It can be 4GB, 8GB or even 256GB. Actually, they are designed to be used on a PC or laptop. If you want to use it on a mobile phone, you will need an OTG. You will get a moderate level of transferring speed from a flash drive.
2. How to Use It?
This device can be used conveniently on your phones, tablets, or computers. You can follow these steps to use it.
- First of all, you need to enter the Picture Keeper dongle on your smartphone or laptop.
- Then, download and install the Picture Keeper app.
- Launch the app and click the ‘Start backup’ button.
- You are all done. This excellent gadget will automatically backup photos, videos, and contacts. It will avoid duplicate photos.
Please note that if you are using this device on an android phone, you need to install the ‘Picture Keeper app.
Flash Drive is also quite easy to use. You need to follow these simple steps to use this excellent storage device.
- First, you must insert the device into your PC or laptop by using the USB ports.
- After making the connection, you should go to ‘this PC’. You will find an external drive for the flash drive.
- At this point, you are all set to go. You can easily copy or move files to the flash drive from your computer.
- When the transfer is done, you should safely remove the external flash drive.
3. Benefits and Features
This exclusive storage solution offers many benefits. Plus, its features are quite impressive. Some of its features and benefits are discussed below.
- Compatibility: Picture Keeper is easily compatible with almost all kinds of smart devices including phones, tablets, laptops, or computers. It doesn’t even need any internet connection to backup photos, videos, or contacts.
- Smart Backing Up: Its backup feature is quite smooth and fast. You can initiate the entire backing up process with just a single click. It will take only a few minutes to back up your important files and thousands of photos. Even if you are on a journey, still it can work safely. The smart backup process will ensure the maximum level of data security.
- Facebook Photos Backup: One of the comparative advantages of Picture Keeper over Flash Drive is, it is capable of storing pictures directly from Facebook. You can’t do that on a Flash Drive.
- Support Multiple Accounts: One of the innovative features of this device is it can create multiple accounts. So, photos and videos can be stored separately in individual accounts. In fact, the entire family can use Picture Keeper securely. The backup files can only be accessed by the original account holders.
- Remove Duplicate Files: Another great feature of this storage device is it will automatically detect duplicate files during the backup process. It will prevent misuse of storage space. The duplicate alert will help you to take necessary actions while storing your photos or videos in Picture Keeper.
Flash drives are a widely used storage solution all over the world. Its key features and benefits are discussed below.
- Easy to Use: This gadget is super simple to use. All you need to do is insert it on your laptop or PC. Then you will be able to transfer files without any hassle.
- Fast File Transfer: When it comes to transferring a huge amount of files regularly from your computer, the flash drive is the best fit. No doubt, it is faster than many other possible options. Whether you want to do backup in Dropbox or Google Drive or use data cables, a flash drive will transfer files faster.
- Versatility: It is pretty much versatile and compatible with any model of laptop, MAC, or even smartphone with the help of OTG. So, during the journey, you can enjoy movies or songs, if they are stored in the USB flash drive. In that case, even if your laptop’s battery is down, you can enjoy movies on any other gadget.
- Virus Transmission: However, one of the downsides of the flash drive is they are susceptible to virus or malware attacks. Not to deny, the virus or malware can spread to your laptop or smartphone from the Flash Drive
4. Storage Capacity
Picture Keeper is an excellent device with a great storage capacity. However, there are different models of Picture Keeper that come with different storage capacities. Typically, the storage of this device can be anywhere from 4GB to 500 GB, even more. It depends on the models. That’s why you need to check the overall capacity of this storage device.
Flash drives are quite popular when it comes to transferring files. In this case, the storage capacity is also different in different units based on the manufacturers or models. You can get a flash drive of any size. However, typically, its storage capacity can be 2GB or 8 GB, and you can get a flash drive up to 1 TB. Here you can choose a product as per your preference.
When you talk about the Picture Keeper that comes with many innovative features which I already discussed above. One of the great features of this gadget is there is a mobile application for Picture Keeper. If you download and install it on your smartphone, backing up will be super faster.
Flash Drive is specially designed for transferring a large number of files smoothly. It is used on a laptop or PC. One of the key differences between Flash Drive and Picture Keeper is it doesn’t come with any software or mobile application. It doesn’t need it to get the job done.
6. Use On Multiple Computers
Picture Keeper can be used on multiple computers or laptops. Whether you use Apple/Mac, PC/Windows, Picture Keeper will help you to back up all of your important photos and videos. You can create separate folders for different devices inside of your Picture Keeper.
That is how a single Picture Keeper can backup photos or other files from multiple computers. However, you need to make sure that your storage device has enough space for several computers. If you face a space shortage, you can use more than one Picture Keeper to solve the issue.
You already know the fact that A Flash Drive is a special device for transferring files from your laptop or personal computer. Some Flash Drives come with lots of storage capacity. So, you can easily backup files from multiple computers. All you have to do is create folders for different computers on your flash drive. Also, make sure whether you have enough space to store such a large set of data.
7. Where to Buy?
When it comes to buying a new Picture Keeper device, you can easily buy it online. In fact, you can experience a hassle-free purchasing experience. My recommendation is to get it from their official website. Click here to get the latest Picture Keeper for you.
There is no doubt that a Flash Drive can give you a great storage solution. You can transfer files easily from your computer to this storage device. It will be a wise decision if you order your new Flash Drive from their official website. If you want to get the latest version of Flash Drive safely, click here.
Final Verdict: Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive – Which One Is Better?
There is no denying that both of the storage devices come with some specific pros and cons. Although they have some similarities in purpose, you can’t ignore their differences as well. Both of the products will help you to transfer files.
That said, I want to conclude this picture keeper vs flash drive comparison here. Here I will put more weight on Picture Keeper over Flash drive. Because it comes with some exclusive and innovative features that you can’t find in a typical flash drive. Built with an advanced level of backup technology, it will offer you some comparative advantages.
It comes with the ability for detecting duplicate files. As a result, wastage of the storage space will be minimized to a great extent. It supports multiple account creations. So, all of the family members can use it securely. Besides, you can directly back up photos from Facebook. When you connect it to the desired device, clicking the ‘start back up’ button will initiate the backing up process.
It’s as simple as that. When you talk about a flash drive, you can only use it on your computers. On the other hand, you can connect Picture Keeper to not only your computers or laptops but also your tablets and smartphones. For all the comparative benefits you will get from Picture Keeper choosing over the Flash Drive, my recommendation here is the Picture Keeper.
A Picture Keeper is a storage device that will offer you a great solution for backing up the photos and videos from your smartphone and laptops. On the other hand, a flash drive is specially designed for transferring a large number of files.
Both of the storage devices have their own benefits and disadvantages. In this Picture Keeper Vs Flash Drive article, I tried to compare both of the devices head to head. Considering every point, I will go for the Picture Keeper to smartly backup media files from my smartphone or computer.